Pink Bobblehead Bunny

Friday, January 20, 2017

KBeauty - Skin Food Haul!


First time I've ever posted about using Korean beauty products!

TLDR about my skin: I would say I'm on the lucky side in terms of skin problems. Rarely get pimples except when I indulge on sweets, junk food or am stressed out (school is the source of course). Oily T-zone, the rest of my face is more on the oily side than dry. Redness around my nose area. Eye bags (late night drama marathoning leggo). Smile lines (makes me old like an ahjumma). Super sensitive skin! Can't put on the normal makeup brands or lip products without my skin burning or tingling. So it's a lot more trial and error when it comes to trying skin care products.

Well actually I've always been a fan ever since I started watching kdramas and adored how naturally beautiful all the actresses looked. I really like that minimalist natural makeup look. Though I'm still slowly trying more skincare products first before I venture into makeup products. LET'S START!

 
1) Skin Food Rice Brightening Cleansing Oil-
I have been trying to get a cleansing oil FOREVER! Ever since I learned the benefits of it in helping to remove sunscreen! Many times even after I wash my face with my facial soap, I still feel the oily-ness of the sunscreen or the concealer I decided to put on. But with the first use of this cleansing oil, my skin felt smoother and cleaner! I'll be giving my final verdict in a month to see if this helps to clear up any blackheads or whiteheads on my skin. -- Update: LOVE how it removes all my makeup so that I don't have to use a makeup remover!

 2) Skin Food Royal Honey Good Toner-
So the saleslady recommended this to me saying it was good for sensitive skin. It was also 30% today...so she may have been pushing me to get it since I assumed she would get some kind of sales bonus haha. Don't know if it's reallyy good but I'll try it for a month. First use: it did make my skin dry a lot faster...are toners supposed to do this? -- Update: my skin definitely feels firmer and smoother all around.

 3) Skin Food Tomato Sun Cream-
Haven't had a chance to use this out in the sunlight yet BUT I loved the texture of it! And how it smooths out once you rub it into your skin a bit more. Also it's not as thick as sunscreens I've used before (Blue Lizard, Shiseido, BananaBoat) which makes it easier to apply. Can't wait to use this! I was so excited to find this I bought two tubes! -- Update: Oh man. It DEFINITELY is not as easy to rub it into my skin as I though it was in the store! I have to rub REALLY hard in order for the sunscreen to not cast a white sheen on my face. Too bad I bought two tubes of this...

 4) LLang Self Clinic 3 Step Kit
Haven't tried this one yet either but I will comment here when I do! I was attracted to the $1 price tag and of course their spokesperson! Hopefully it'll work wonders on my skin! Super excited! Never tried any products from this line before. -- Update: Nope. Didn't work much. I guess I would have to use this consistently for at least a few months to get results.

5) Freebies!- Skin Food Egg White Pore Foam & LLang Hair Shampoo and Conditioner
Yay for freebies (I did spend over $50)- will review these when I decide to try them.
LLang Hair Stuff- Smells like perfume I once bought from the 99 cent store. Not a fan of the smell.